Welcome! Thank you for stopping by :) My goal in writing this blog is to provide information and support for Turner's girls and their loved ones. As a young woman who also happens to have Turner's Syndrome I know you have many questions.
- What is #Turner's #Syndrome?
- Is Turner's contagious?
- How will this affect the life of me or my child?
- Can I live a normal life?
- Where can I find "tall people jokes" to balance all the short jokes I'll hear over my life?!
These are some of the questions I hope to answer in my posts. To give you a little background on who I am and why I'm even talking about this, here is a "little" bit of information. I'm 28 years old, I work as a social worker and I was diagnosed with Turner's Syndrome when I was 8 months old. I live with my wonderful husband Michael, currently finishing up his PhD in Chemistry, and our adorable Beagle dog Dagny. When I'm not at work I can be found with my nose in a book, going for walks, talking with friends or singing songs from Broadway musicals while dancing and cleaning the house.
I'm writing this blog since Turner's is a little known condition and I want to give hope, information and support to Turner's girls and their families since raising a girl with Turner's Syndrome can seem like an exciting and confusing roller coaster ride. As I write these blogs feel free to ask me any questions or offer comments on what you read (but let's keep it clean and be polite people). Hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment